Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Sunday


Don't you just love General Conference Sundays??? (for those who don't know, this is a semi-annual conference of my church where the prophet, apostles and other leaders speak).

This year I didn't get to relax and listen to conference. One of the owners didn't work the full weekend which left me to come in on Sunday to a job that no longer pays all the bills (how's my attitude???).


So I'm driving to our new Plymouth, MA community (over an hour a way) and while I'm singing a church song - no kidding, get pulled over by the police!!!

It seems that somehow my car registration expired in January (I could have sworn I renewed it online!). He then tells me, as he gives me a $100 ticket, how he's doing me a favor by not towing my car!!!!!!!


I guess God does have a sense a humor - he's killing mine! Can't wait to listen to all the talks.

1 comment:

CK Nethercott aka Mom said...

That was just to humble you so you'd get more out of conference perhaps? Ouch!

More About Me:

Born and raised in Rhode Island
Undergraduate degree: Brigham Young University
    MBA: Bowling Green State University
    Interests: Sailing, Skiing, hiking, and spending time with the family!
    Sports: I'm a New England Guy...RED SOX, PATRIOTS, CELTICS and BRUINS. Did I mention BYU??? love 'em!
    Second Picks...when they're not doing well I fall back on the teams where I have lived and cheered for in the past...INDIANS, JAZZ, and RED WINGS come to mind.
    Favorite Movies: Who has time for them? Of the few I've seen: Princess Bride, Truman Show, Stranger than Fiction, virtually anything with Harrison Ford, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, etc.
    States I have lived in: Rhode Island, Utah, Florida, Michigan, Ohio, North Carolina, Indiana and finally Massachuesetts...my kids hate me for moving them around so much!