Glenn has been preaching how bad the economy is going to get and how much trouble all of the Washington politicians have caused this country. He says despite this, we'll make it through but that we should prepare and "make a difference."
All of this is good advice, but it seems to me that he should be willing to get more involved in helping "all of us make a difference." He has the microphone and the contacts that could help make a difference. As the audio proves, he didn't think that was such a great idea.
The one little remark that I made to him about "killing his dog" was a very well conceived stunt that he did on the local radio station in Tampa before he went national trying to make people aware of the double standard that many have when it comes to abortion and animal rights. (I can give you the long version some other time). He did not kill his dog, by the way.
The other remark about the symphony was in response to an earlier comment he made about his "Christmas Sweater" show currently going on. The orchestra is a union and every hour gets a 15 minute break. So he was complaining that they never get through a whole practice run because it's always interrupted by these breaks.
Finally, he was doing the broadcast from Florida hence my comment about "coming full circle."
2 comments:
How long did you have to wait to get on with him. I really like Glenn but he has been too much of a doom and gloom guy of late. I kind of understand where he is coming from but I agree people who already have the platform ought to do more than just talk about it. Glenn's daughter is currently attending BYU-Idaho so he has spending a lot of time in the area. In his travels he had met a family with three adult men in Wheel chairs Dad was disabled and Mom was supporting the family. He came out"right after butt surgery" and put on a benefit event. I attended and at the event he announced pledges from Ted Nugent, Jon Huntsman Sr, and several other "Friends". With that money this family was built a new home and a fund set up for the care of the family. Mom still works but its easir now. If he can do that in that type of situation perhaps he can help make some connections of a political nature as well. But from his perspective: Perhaps he's asking himself how far do I go? Where does it end? and maybe thats where he's drawn his line.
hey its em! wuhuuuu! dad, ur amazin' keep on keepin' on!!!!!
Post a Comment